Caperdonich (silent)

(Capper- DOH-nich)

Established in 1897 at the height of the Victorian Scotch whisky boom by J&G Grant of nearby Glen Grant distillery in Rothes but when boom turned to bust it was closed in 1902. Many decades of silence followed until being reopened in 1965 to supply malt to the Chivas, Queene Anne, Passport and Something Special blends until being closed for the final time in 2002 and now this distillery meaning ‘Secret Well’ is soon to become another long lost Speyside malt as now demolished.

List  Grid 

18 Item(s)

List  Grid 

18 Item(s)