Dalwhinnie

(dal-WHIN-ee)

The Dalwhinnie distillery lies at a point on an old Highland road where the old cattle drovers would meet and rest. Dalwhinnie means “Meeting place” in Gaelic. It was built in 1897 by Alexander Mackenzie and they started producing whisky in 1898.

The location for the distillery was chosen as there was a vast supply of clear, Highland water and lots of peat for fire! Due to the location of the distillery it is Scotland’s highest and coldest distillery. It also doubles as a Met Office weather station! The distillery has a visitor centre and attracts around 50,000 people a year.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2

List  Grid 

Showing: 1 to 24 of 26

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2

List  Grid 

Showing: 1 to 24 of 26