Highland Park - Spring 2019 Release - 1989 30 year old Whisky
70cl | 45.2%
|Series / Description||Spring 2019 Release|
|Age||30 year old|
|Alcohol ABV||45.2 %|
|Cask Wood Type||Bourbon & Sherry Oak|
|Cask Number||20 Casks|
|Country of Origin||Scotland|
|Neck Level||Full Level|
|HTFW Cat. No.||LP11207|
- An intriguing combination of first-fill bourbon American Oak hogshead, first-fill sherry seasoned European oak hogshead and a small quantity of refill hogsheads
- Created from fewer than 20 casks, hand selected from Gordon Motion, Highland Parks Master Whisky Maker.
- Laid down by Dod Cameron, Highland Parks distillery manager in 1989, and matured safely within the 19 dunnage and 4 racking warehouses at their distillery in Kirkwall, Orkney.
- Filtered at 6 - 9 degrees Celsius to bring out layers of flavour.
- Naturally amber gold, its colour driven entirely by casks, without additives.
- Bottled at 45.2% ABV
Official Tasting Notes by Highland Park:
Naturally golden in colour, with hints of glowing amber, this beautifully mature 30 Year Old is full bodied and complex. Layers of sweet vanilla, floral honey and soft caramel are expertly balanced by sharper citrius notes from the bourbon casks with hints of bitter dark chocolate and warm spices in the background. Dry at the finish, it leaves and lingering impression of aromatic peat smoke.